Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back to work

So I am back to work after 3 months of maternity leave. I have to say the time off was really nice, but at the same time coming back is kind of fun. I get to see my awesome friends and it is kind of a nice break sometimes to be away from a crying baby. I adore him more than I can even say, but sometimes the relative quiet of work (even at the airport) is nice. Does that make me a horrible person, or a bad mom? I hope not, but maybe it does. Although I really wasn't happy about the welcome back to work news I recieved that potentially a couple hundred of my friends and coworkers are going to lose their jobs. Delta is forcing us to furlough a bunch of people and I am really bummed out about it. In addition to this news I was informed that Delta decided to up our yearly fee from 50 bucks to 200 bucks! Now I know you are probably all thinking "how spoiled is this girl that she is upset at paying 200 dollars to fly free all year?", but 200 bucks is a lot of money when both you and your husband have been out of work for 3 months! There are days like today ,though where I really just want to be home with my little guy, and Jared, but alas, here I sit at work...

1 comment:

The Hartle's said...

I do miss all of our people at work... and I am so jealous that you still get to fly!